Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Aplus RehmaT E ramzaan Hosted By sahir Lodhi
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:21 pm by aliswl24

» Message Of Sabih Rehmani
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm by zoiocean

» Pakistan main Naat goee ki tehreek (aik sarsari jaiza)
Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 pm by sabaz jali

» MUHAMMED MEHBOOB (Bazm-e-Ghousia)
Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm by sabaz jali

» Searching For Naat
Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:58 am by Usman Munir

» PIR SYED NASEER UD DIN NASEER SAHIB, NAAT, LAHAD MEIN WO SURAT DIKHAI GAI HAY
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 am by oktzai

» Famous Naat khwans Latest Naat
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 pm by crisalex

» naat,hamad
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm by muhammad.shaban293@gmail.

» Naat Needed
Wed May 15, 2013 12:47 pm by Adeel

Statistics
We have 2309 registered users
The newest registered user is ahmad149

Our users have posted a total of 5674 messages in 3716 subjects
Gallery

Poll

Who is your favourite Naat Poet?

23% 23% [ 39 ]
8% 8% [ 13 ]
36% 36% [ 63 ]
3% 3% [ 6 ]
9% 9% [ 16 ]
2% 2% [ 3 ]
19% 19% [ 33 ]

Total Votes : 173

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

October 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

kabe  warsi  urdu  muhammad  tahir  qadri  faheem  2010  ronaq  allah  qari  owais  naats  KARAM  download  nabi  raza  tere  meri  syed  farhan  alla  mehfil  naat  noor  madina  

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 89 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:54 am

Muniba Sheikh, Prominent Naat Khawan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muniba Sheikh, Prominent Naat Khawan

Post  hamid on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 am

Introduction of Muniba Sheikh:

In the last few decades there has been an appreciable resurgence of Islamic thinking and efforts to revive traditional teachings. Sana Khawani is one of the field in which significant work has been done. Sana Khawani includes both Hamd and Naat Khawani. Hamd is a way of praising and thanking Almighty Allah while Naat is for expressing love for the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Both are the inner voices of heart & soul, which positively affects every Muslim.

Amongst the top most Sana Khawans that Pakistan has ever produced, the name of Muniba Sheikh occupies an eminent space. She has recited numerous Hamds and Naats on Radio and TV and has performed on various national and international events. Muniba Sheikh holds the honor of being the first ever-female Sana Khawan to perform Hajj along with delegation of former President Of Pakistan Gen. Muhammad Zia Ul Haq. She has performed numerous Naats and Hamds, which are recognized at national and international levels. Her valuable contribution in the field of Sana Khawani earned her many a national and international awards including the most prestigious, the Pride of Performance.

Interview with KalPoint.com

Kalpoint: Would you please tell us something about the history of Naat Khawani?

Muniba Sheikh: Naat Khawani is a very noble profession to be very true. Naat khawani specifies love for our holy Prophet (PBUH). The trend of Naat Khawani had already started during the time of our Holy Prophet (PBUH). Many people have recited Naat in our Holy Prophets love. Many people have even said poetries in His love. Allah Himself has praised Our Holy Prophet the most. Hazrat Hassaan, a very famous Sahabi when he and others said poetries in our Holy Prophet’s love, like Qaseeda- Burda Shareef, our Holy Prophet gifted his chadar and to him as a sign of happiness. So you can think what type of environment it would have been at that time. The Naat Khawanis, which are being held today, are very different from that time because we have added so many formalities to it. The respect, which used to be found at that time has all the more vanished comparatively. Now Naat Khawani has become more of a formality than love for our Holy prophet (PBUH). After Qasseda Burda Shareef the trend of Naat Khawani proceeded from Arabic towards Farsi and it was very good, in the sense that many good people said Naats in those times. Then this trend further proceeded towards Hindustan and further to other places. During this process many a different things were included like we shouldn’t say Durood and Salam while standing and some say we shouldn’t say while sitting, such things have produced conflictions and that is why the decency of Naat Khawani as compared to that time is nowhere to be found.

Kalpoint: What is difference between the Sana Khawani of today and that of yesterday?

Muniba Sheikh: The main difference is that the decency and respect found at that time is not found today. In the past people used to do Naat Khawani in love of our Holy prophet with involvement but today it has become a formality. Now a days Naat and Sana Khawans are not composing Naats as that of before. Today the Naats are not being composed and recited so as to pay off the right of Naat Khawani inspite of the fact that many new people are coming towards this field. Today the Naats composed are such that one gets surprised after hearing them and the main reason is that people have started treating Naat khawani as a trend or profession. In true words they have not been able to retain the love and decency involved in at as compared to yesterday.

Kalpoint: What are the morals and principles for performing Naat Khawani?

Muniba Sheikh: The main principles for the same are first of all you should feel love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). Then the beutiness of the words is being used in the Naat Khawani and the respect being paid. Now a day’s people compose Naats on Indian songs and are very proud of it. They don’t realize that they are paying disrespect to the reciting of Naat Khawani and naozoo-billah to our Holy prophet as well. The worst thing is that the listeners and viewers of today enjoy this trend to their utmost, that they are getting the enjoyment of both; Naat as well song. So the central idea is that people don’t want and they don’t abide by the morals and ethics of Naat Khawani as that of yesterday.

Kalpoint: When did you start performing Naat Khawani?

Muniba Sheikh: To be very true as a Muslim I had started Naat Khawani from the childhood. From the very beginning I had a passion for Naat Khawani but we were not allowed to appear on television at that time because of our family background. Eventually I appeared on Television after a very long time. In the beginning when I started Naat Khawani people used to held Naat Khawani in their houses but now the scenario is altogether changed. But again I would repeat that nowadays people have added so many different perceptions to it that has led to many conflicts and that is why people fear to go to Millads etc. So to answer your question I had started Naat Khawani from the very beginning but I had exposed my self to the media after a very long time to be more precise.

Kalpoint: Has media helped in promoting Sana Khawani? Also has the media helped attract the youngster’s attention towards the same?

Muniba Sheikh: Well to be very true radio has participated a lot to promote Sana Khawani. Radio has helped produced some very good Sana Khawans and has appreciated them as well to a great extent. Where as on the other hand Television has not done much. The reason is that Radio polishes a person because on the Radio the main emphasis is on voice itself and on the pitch. The main concentration of Television is the glamour for the viewers who enjoy such videos made, and also enjoys Naats, which are now mostly composed on the Indian songs. Big Naat Khawans and Sana Khawans got themselves recognized through radio and then Television. So media has done a lot to promote Sana and Naat Khawani to a great extent but with radio leading the show.

Kalpoint: There are so many people who are comings towards this field. Why isn’t there any proper academy for teaching Naat Khawani and why isn't Naat Khawani added as a subject in the institutes like Islamiat and Nazra?

Muniba Sheikh: To be very true I have done my best to teach Naat Khawani as a subject and I have been teaching it for the past 22 years, I think there is a lot of talent found but it is only a matter of recognizing it. So I do my best to my utmost but the main reason is that parents don’t want their children to opt for this. As far as the Naat competitions are concerned, there are lot of girls who participate and many talents are recognized through it. I have started teaching Naat Khawani as subject in my institute and I hope that in the coming years this trend would increase Inshallah as Islamiat and Nazra subjects are being taught.

Kalpoint: In your opinion who is the best Naat or Sana Khawan of yesterday, today and tomorrow?

Muniba Sheikh: (Laughingly) This should be decided by the viewers and listeners themselves. We Sana or Naat Khawans cannot decide. In my view the best Naat or Sana Khawan is the one who full fills all the principles and morals laid down for Naat or Sana Khawani. The main reason Behind Naat Khawani is the love for our Holy Prophet (PBUH), the respect and the decency found in performing Naat or Sana Khawani. The person who follows the same should be considered as the best Naat or Sana Khawan.

Kalpoint: Different people have different perception as far as Millads are concerned. Some people say its good and some are against it. So what is your opinion about it?

Muniba Sheikh: A very interesting question. Previously there never used be any institutes nor anybody who can teach people who were interested towards this field. The girls used to learn and practice it at home only. The biggest advantage nowadays is by going to the institutes and learning the ethics of Naat and Sana Khawani, the girls come to learn a lot of things, the way to walk, talk etc. The concept of millads is such that angels come into the Millads. As far as the question of different perception is concerned I think it is because we have added many a formalities and conflicts to it due to which peoples perception has changed. But I think if we send Durood on our Holy Prophet (PBUH) in Millads, which according to me is a very good thing because a person who says Durood once, for him Allah opens several doors towards heaven, which of course is a very big credit. In recent years, people have opted it more as a fashion show than a Millad. That is the main reason for the different perception of the people about Millads.

Kalpoint: People have started treating Naat Khawani as a profession. do you think it is a healthy tradition according to the teachings of Islam?

Muniba Sheikh: In a way you are very right. People have started treating it as profession. The main reason is that for most of the people it is the only mean of earning. They have dedicated their lives towards this field, so they also have to support their families due to which they have to adopt it as a profession. I think there is no hindrance as far as Islam is concerned because at the time of our Holy prophet the trend of giving gifts had started to the people who used to perform Naat Khawani .So the people who can afford, they don’t adopt it as profession but these people who are of course needy becomes professional as it is the only source of income. So there is no harm in my opinion to demand money for the same if it is only the source of income.

Kalpoint: Have you written any Naat or Hamd by yourself? Have you given your work any physical shape in the form of a book?

Muniba Sheikh: No I haven’t written my own Hamds and Naats because writing Naat is very difficult and is a very big art, which every body doesn’t possess. I haven’t given the Hamds and Naats recited by me any physical shape in the form of a book but many cassettes and CDS of mine have been released. They have become very popular by the grace of God as well and I am very happy about it. I am also very happy that I have also been given the Pride of Performance Award as well.

Kalpoint: How did you feel when you were given the Golden Jubilee award?

Muniba Sheikh: In my view performing Naat Khawani is itself a very big art and credit. When I was awarded the Pride of Performance, I was of course overjoyed, as I was also the very first lady to get this award. At that very moment I decided that I would go to Khana-e-Kaba and thank Allah fro his blessings. Even before getting this award people have appreciated and given me so much love that it is more than any award, which a person can get. I think it is all my luck and a very big gift from Allah.

Kalpoint: Ladies now days opt for going on a 40 day Ijtama, leaving behind their families including small children for the sake of Allah. So do you think this is right according to the teachings and preachings of Islam?

Muniba Sheikh: No, in a way I would say that this is not right. For ladies, if their families constitutes small children, they shouldn’t go leaving them behind just for the sake of Allah Islam never preaches that ladies should go leaving every thing behind. As a matter of fact, Islam is the only religion of the world, which has given the highest rights to the women. As a mother, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter, the woman enjoys the highest privilege and honor comparing with any other religion of the world. But if we speak about the rights, then there are duties as well and these duties have also been defined very clearly by Allah in His Holy Book and by our Holy Prophet as well. Islam stresses much on the family life and the family for a woman constitutes her children and her husband. To leave behind the children and husband for the sake of Allah has never been asked and it is not confirmed from any source. The woman has certain duties to fulfill with respect to her husband and children and thus leaving behind these duties is wrong. First these duties are to be fulfilled and then if the husband allows, a woman then only can go.

Kalpoint: Do you have any complaints against PTV that it has not played a sufficient role to promote Sana Khawanee?

Muniba Sheikh: No I don’t have any complaint against PTV. It has played its role although a little less as compared to Radio, but I must say, it has fulfilled its responsibility. It has provided a medium to us. We have won so many awards through PTV, it has given us the exposure all over the world where PTV transmission is viewed, it has given us name and most of all, it has provided a chance to express our love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). I have won many international awards through PTV platform, people recognize me due to PTV so what else. I think that PTV has played a significant role in promoting Sana Khawani in the country.

Kalpoint: Thank you very much for your visit to Kalia Group & KalPoint.com. We are honored and happy to have you with us today and we have learnt a lot from you. Incidentally Mah-e-Ramzan has started & it is God’s blessing that such a topic will be on the Inter-net through your good self & KalPoint.com for the benefit of millions of Netizens. Thank you very much & may Allah bless us with all the success in promoting such subjects- Aamin & C U on Net.

Muniba Sheikh: I am very happy with your efforts; please continue your efforts and my prayers are with the Kalia Group & the confidence in the youth who will definitely carry forward this task to glory. C U on Net 2.

Questions By Netizens/Pakistanis Abroad

Q: What difference do you find between Naat Mehfils conducted on television and those in different clubs like Defence Clubs etc. ?
(Beenish from hyderabad)

Muniba Sheikh: The main difference is that on the television you have very limited time but again and again you have to repeat the shots on the television and you even have to look very nice over there. Where as off the camera you can be yourself and you also have a lot of time. In real millads, that is off the television you can do Millads with open heart, there are no restrictions as on the television. Live Millads give a lot of pleasure and one enjoys a lot whether as a Naat Khawan or as a listener. You also feel inner satisfaction while performing Naat Khawani or Millads off the television and with real audiences you can take as much time as you want.

Q: The Dua that you perform at the end of the mehfils is very popular amongst the viewers & listeners. What is the core of the dua that makes the people cry out?
(Ambreen from Saudi Arabia)

Muniba Sheikh: Dua basically is a dua. It’s just that you have to be totally engrossed in it emotionally as well. One should be totally involved in it through heart & soul, then only you can feel. The main thing is that you should think that you are standing in front of Allah and saying the Dua, then automatically the emotions would come and you will find yourself engrossed in the dua and the listeners too.

Q: It is said that appearance of ladies is not allowed on Television. So how do you or the other ladies appear on the Television?
( Faiza from Dubai)

Muniba Sheikh: (Laughingly) Well I think you are right in this case. Ladies should not appear on stream. It has been prohibited by Islam. May Allah gives guidance for all the ladies & the mankind to completely cut off themselves from appearing on Television and to cover themselves - Ameen.

Q: Are the formalities like wearing haars, throwing arq-e-gulaab etc, are essential for a Naat Mehfil?
(Fauzia from Lahore)

Muniba Sheikh: No they are not necessary. These are the added formalities by the people themselves, which have made many people to back off from such Mehfils.

hamid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Muniba Sheikh, Prominent Naat Khawan

Post  Sonia khan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:17 am

MAshallah
She is really a great personality is main tu koi shak nahi..
aj kal ki girls naat khawan to bas mackup kar key dulhan ban key
naatien parhney ajati hein,un k pas sirf awaz hoti ha lekin eshq e rassol ki
mohobat key wo jazbat nahi jo aik naat khawan main nazar aney chahiey.
is main qsoor un ka to hai hi lekin media ka bhi ha jo unhey world mein is tarha
pash kar raha hai jesey wo modling karney ai hun.

SOnia

Sonia khan
1-Star
1-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Muniba Sheikh, Prominent Naat Khawan

Post  Qandeel on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 am

bohat shukria hamid sahib aik great personality ka interview dala aap ney!

Qandeel
3-Star
3-Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum